Another year of glorious gossip… All wrapped up in Richard Kay's Christmas quiz
22:37 GMT, 25 December 2012
Stand by for another Christmas cracker – my annual Boxing Day quiz based on a year of sizzling scoops and racy revelations.
Test your memory and your knowledge on 12 months of glorious gossip. There’s a magnum of champagne for the winner, picked at random, and a bottle of fizz for the six runners-up.
Watch out for the trick questions. Answers on a postcard to Diary, Daily Mail, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT or email to [email protected] by January 11, 2013. Good luck!
1. What happened to the Duchess of Cornwall’s luggage en route from Sandringham to Birkhall
A. It ended up in Oxfam.
B. It ended up in a ditch.
C. It ended up in Will’s helicopter.
Class act Carole: How are the Middletons rising up the social scale (Q7)
2. What did playboy Taki write of Princess Michael in the members’ book at Gstaad’s Eagle Club
A. She was making gurgling noises.
B. She was throwing snowballs.
C. She was dressed as a charlady.
3. How did War Horse actor Tom Hiddleston and Prince William come across each other at Eton
A. They were caught smoking behind the tuck shop.
B. William cleaned Tom’s shoes.
C. Tom refereed William in a football match.
4. What cocktail is named after disgraced former RBS boss Fred Goodwin
A. Scot on the Rocks.
B. Goodwin Sands.
5. What alarmed Prince Andrew on his canoe holiday in the Arctic wilds of Canada
A. A pair of polar bears.
B. A pair of grizzly bears.
C. A phone call from Fergie.
6. What did Richard Branson offer the Duchess of Cambridge
A. Lessons to overcome her fear of flying.
B. A holiday on Necker Island.
C. Free travel on Virgin trains to Anglesey.
7. How are the Middletons rising up the social scale
A. Employing a butler.
B. Having elocution lessons.
C. Hosting a shooting party.
Royal problem: Why did Zara Phillips have trouble getting into the North Hereford Hunt point-to-point meeting (Q8)
8. Why did Zara Phillips have trouble getting into the North Hereford Hunt point-to-point meeting
A. The gateman failed to recognise her.
B. She didn’t have a ticket.
C. She didn’t have the 12.50 admission money.
9. What happened when TV presenter Hannah Sandling married on a beach in Uruguay
A. The tide came in.
B. A guest stood up to object.
C. The registrar’s false teeth fell out.
10. How many of her five marriages does Joan Collins say she regrets
11. Which surgical facelift procedures did Tom Jones admit he’d had done
A. A nose job.
B. A chin job.
C. An eyes job.
12. At the age of 77, jockey Lester Piggott was what
A. Back in the saddle.
B. Living abroad with a new lady.
C. Lecturing HMRC on tax.
13. What did easyJet chief executive Carolyn McCall do on a flight to Reykjavik
A. She took over the joystick when the captain fell ill.
B. She served meals and drinks.
C. She collected the rubbish.
14. What are Stud Muffin, Scrummylicious and Foxy Lady
A. Horses trained by Charlie Brooks.
B. Cakes made by the Duchess of Cambridge’s brother James.
C. Cocktails in Guy Pelly’s new nightclub.
15. How did the Earl of Snowdon set fire to his home
A. He left a chip pan on the stove.
B. He let a bonfire rage out of control.
C. He left a magnifying glass in the sunlight.
Harry and Kate: How much were the earrings that the Duchess of Cambridge wore to the Jubilee celebrations (Q21)
16. What traditional British discipline did artist Grayson Perry say should be introduced to the Olympics
A. Cross country.
B. Cross dressing.
C. Just being cross.
17. Whose luggage did Downton star Elizabeth McGovern get after a flight to New York
A. Dame Judi Dench’s.
B. Dame Maggie Smith’s.
C. Dame Diana Rigg’s.
18. Why did Bianca Jagger upset theatregoers at the premiere of the opera Einstein On The Beach
A. She took flash photographs of the performance.
B. She talked incessantly.
C. She complained about her opera glasses.
19. What gets under the skin of Weakest Link hostess Anne Robinson
A. Contestants who are smarter than her.
B. Mention of her facelift.
C. Her Cotswolds neighbours.
20. What was Alistair McGowan asked to do when he rushed to help the victim of a car crash
A. Mouth to mouth resuscitation.
B. Dial 999.
C. An impression of Chris Eubank.
Flight issue: Whose luggage did Downton star Elizabeth McGovern get after a flight to New York (Q17)
21. How much were the earrings that the Duchess of Cambridge wore to the Jubilee celebrations
22. What did Prince Charles reply when David Blunkett said his Highgrove gardens smelt of lavender.
A. I had it imported from Italy.
B. It’s totally organic, you know.
C. I think you’ll find it’s my aftershave.
23. How does Chariots Of Fire actor Nigel Havers, 60, get rid of his grey hair
A. /12/25/article-2253161-16A6911F000005DC-124_306x464.jpg” width=”306″ height=”464″ alt=”Superstar's partner: What is the background of Adele's new boyfriend” class=”blkBorder” />
Superstar's partner: What is the background of Adele's new boyfriend
27. What happened to David Cameron’s aide Gabby Bertin
A. She was arrested as part of the phone hacking scandal.
B. She was scratched by the Downing Street cat.
C. She fell in love with the man who came to view her house after her marriage collapsed.
28. What is the background of Adele’s new boyfriend
A. He is an Old Etonian.
B. He is an Old Harrovian.
C. He is an Old Lag.
29. How come Ronnie Corbett missed his cue at the memorial service for Victor Spinetti
A. He thought he was on after Sir Paul McCartney, not before him.
B. He got locked in the lavatory.
C. He was in the pulpit but no one could see him.
30. What did Prince Philip say to Poirot star David Suchet at a Buckingham Palace lunch
A. He advised him to take French lessons.
B. He said he preferred Sherlock Holmes.
C. He told him how to slice his dessert mango.
31. What did I reveal that Lynda Bellingham would be advertising in a new TV commercial
A. Oxo cubes, encore.
B. Nikon cameras.
C. Funeral insurance.
Idea: What traditional British discipline did artist Grayson Perry say should be introduced to the Olympics (Q16)
32. What is Prince Harry going to be doing in Chelsea next summer
A. Having a garden at the annual Flower Show.
B. Opening a new nightclub.
C. Teaching Roman Abramovich how to fly his helicopter.
33. Which reality show did TV presenter Alan Titchmarsh reveal he had turned down
A. Strictly Come Dancing.
B. I’m A Celebrity…
C. Celebrity Apprentice.
34. Why is songwriter Sir Richard Stilgoe grateful to Princess Anne
A. She got him Olympics tickets.
B. She owns all his records.
C. She came to the rescue when he got a bone stuck in his throat.
35. How many jobs did I reveal that BBC Trust chairman Lord Lord Patten now holds down
36. What were members of snooty Hurlingham up in arms over
B. Rude waiters.
C. The club sandwiches.