Four children treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after grandmother brings BBQ indoors to dry washing

Four children treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after grandmother brings BBQ indoors to dry washing

/09/06/article-2199175-14DDB60F000005DC-729_468x351.jpg” width=”468″ height=”351″ alt=”Nicholas Holmes, 22, was found dead at the Hollands Wood campsite at Brockenhurst in the New Forest, Hampshire, after using a disposable BBQ to cook to burgers inside his van” class=”blkBorder” />

Nicholas Holmes, 22, was found dead at the Hollands Wood campsite at Brockenhurst in the New Forest, Hampshire, after using a disposable BBQ to cook to burgers inside his van

The school girl was one of a number of campers killed by the gas this year.

Hannah Thomas-Jones, 14, from Handforth, in Cheshire, died after suffering a cardiac arrest, thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue, at a Shropshire campsite in May.

Nicholas Holmes, 22, died of CO poisoning after cooking burgers in his camper van in the New Forest, Hampshire.

The Department of Health believes 50 people are killed by the gas each year, while at least 4,000 are treated in hospital.

But this figure is likely to be much higher because of difficulties surrounding the diagnosis of CO poisoning.

Symptoms are often similar to common illnesses like flu and food poisoning.