Man, 20, dies after eating 28 raw eggs in a row for a betYoung Tunisian man bet friend he could eat 30 raw eggsThe 20-year-old managed 28 eggs before he collapsed
19:56 GMT, 27 December 2012
A Tunisian man died after eating 28 raw eggs in one go for a bet.
Dhaou Fatnassi, 20, allegedly wagered a friend he could eat 30 raw eggs in a row, for which he would receive an undisclosed sum.
Mr Fatnassi, from Kairouan in north-east Tunisia, managed 28 eggs before he collapsed with severe stomach pains.
Death by egg: The 20-year-old ate 28 raw eggs before he collapsed and was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival
He was rushed to a nearby hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival, local radio station Shems FM reported.
Whilst eggs cooked properly are a great source of protein and part of a healthy diet, raw eggs could cause food poisoning and may contain salmonella bacteria.
If you are making food demanding raw eggs, such as mayonnaise or ice cream, use pasteurised eggs to eliminate risks.
Fatal wager: Mr Fatnassi bet his friend he could eat 30 raw eggs in one go