Ex-BBC producer cleared in Savile sex abuse probe criticises "over-zealous" police but admits he knew DJ spent night with girl as young as…

'I wouldn't have grassed him up': Ex-BBC producer cleared in Savile sex abuse probe criticises 'over-zealous' police but admits he knew DJ spent night with girl as young as TEN Wilfred De'ath was arrested for sexual assault of actress on November 11The Crown Prosecution Service dropped case against him yesterday Complainant withdrew statement as she was the only one giving evidence De'ath had confronted Savile over night DJ spent with child in hotel 'I said “I think you are living dangerously”.

Fast Eddie Maher: Double life of fugitive who spent 20 years on the run in the U.S. working as a cable engineer after stealing 1.2m from Securicor van

Securicor driver 'Fast' Eddie Maher who went on run in U.S. for 20 years after stealing 1.2m from his van in Suffolk is jailed for just FIVE YEARS Maher, 57, made off with Securicor van outside bank in Felixstowe in 1993Loaded 30 sacks of cash into a getaway vehicle before flying to America Lived in U.S. under false identities of Stephen King and his brother MichaelBuilt new life with partner, Deborah Brett, and their son Lee, who was three at time of heistBought house in Colorado with $120k in cash just six months after the theftArrested in February last year after his daughter-in-law called the policeDenied charge after being deported, but entered last-minute plea today By Simon Tomlinson PUBLISHED: 10:40 GMT, 5 March 2013 | UPDATED: 13:52 GMT, 5 March 2013 A British man who spent almost 20 years as a fugitive in the U.S

CHKS: Is company being paid to help the NHS hide its death rates?

Is company being paid to help the NHS hide its death rates Critics say firm 'reclassifies' potentially avoidable deaths Firm said it could help reduce death rates by re-categorising deaths as being caused by terminal illness rather than poor care By Sophie Borland PUBLISHED: 03:24 GMT, 4 March 2013 | UPDATED: 12:00 GMT, 4 March 2013 Hospitals may be paying thousands of pounds to a private firm to cover up their patient death rates.

Compulsive liar jailed for making her ELEVENTH false rape claim against an innocent man "who she decided she didn"t like anymore"

Compulsive liar is jailed for making her ELEVENTH false rape claim, against an innocent man 'who she decided she didn't like anymore'Elizabeth Jones, 22, invented her first sex attack in 2004, when aged 13Her latest victim was targeted because she didn't like himAfter he was held for nine hours CCTV disproved her malicious claim By Martin Robinson PUBLISHED: 11:26 GMT, 26 February 2013 | UPDATED: 14:37 GMT, 26 February 2013 Jailed: Elizabeth Jones, 22, faces 16 months in prison after making 11 false rape claims since 2004 A compulsive liar has been jailed for 16 months after falsely claiming she had been raped 11 times in nine years.

Lord Hall: My top staff are blame-dodgers and it"s time to shake up the management, says new BBC boss

BBC's top female executive says former Director General Mark Thompson WAS made aware of Jimmy Savile sex abuse claims Helen Boaden says she told former DG about suspicions in 2011Contradicts claim that he didn't find out about abuse claims until after he left By Sam Webb PUBLISHED: 01:38 GMT, 24 February 2013 | UPDATED: 17:49 GMT, 24 February 2013 The BBC's top female executive has claimed that she told former Director-General Mark Thompson about the sexual abuse accusations surrounding disgraced TV star Jimmy Savile nine months before he left. Former director of news Helen Boaden's testimony contradicts his claim that he knew nothing of the nature of the Newsnight allegation until after he left the role to become chief executive of the New York Times. The Sunday Times reports that Boaden informed Mr Thompson about the scandal in December 2011, citing a source familiar with the situation.

Plebgate: Revealed, fabricated, barely literate email that helped to sink Andrew Mitchell

Revealed, fabricated, barely literate email that helped to sink Mitchell: Cameron condemns bid to 'blacken minister's name'Andrew Mitchell demands an inquiry into 'completely untrue' allegations that he called Downing Street officers 'f****** plebs''Three phrases were hung around my neck and used to destroy my career'David Cameron 'furious' at reports an off duty officer tried to 'blacken the name of a Cabinet minister'CCTV footage casts doubt on account in leaked police log | UPDATED: 13:21 GMT, 20 December 2012 Detectives were last night investigating claims of an extraordinary police plot to ‘blacken the name’ of Andrew Mitchell – as a fabricated email sent by a serving officer was made public. The barely literate message helped cost the then Chief Whip his job, despite the fact key sections of it were directly contradicted by CCTV footage viewed by the Cabinet Secretary Sir Jeremy Heywood days later. Crucially, it was sent to Mr Mitchell’s deputy John Randall on the evening of September 20 – the night before details of his ‘Plebgate’ confrontation with police officers in Downing Street were made public by The Sun newspaper

John Roberts: Did revenge mob murder man accused of snatching a girl of 14? Probe launched after 32-year-old is found dead days after appearing at…

Did revenge mob murder man accused of snatching a girl of 14 Probe launched after 32-year-old is found dead days after appearing at courtJohn Roberts was accused of abducting a 14-year-old girlHis body was found by police at his Gateshead home on Sunday He did not enter a plea during Thursday's hearing in NewcastleHis lawyer said he would be entering a guilty plea | UPDATED: 23:27 GMT, 17 December 2012 'Murdered': John Roberts, 32, was found dead at his home three days after appearing court A loner was battered to death in his home after he appeared in court accused of abducting a young girl, police have said. John Roberts, 32, suffered fatal head injuries during the attack in his home on a run-down estate. Detectives are investigating the possibility that his murder was connected to the allegation against him

Reg Traviss was optimistic of having a relationship with woman he is accused of raping twice while she slept

Amy Winehouse's ex-boyfriend was optimistic of having a relationship with woman he is accused of raping twice while she slept Reg Traviss denied accusations today at Southwark Crown Court and said alleged victim instigated sexThe woman, 27, claims she woke twice on New Year's Eve last year to find Traviss raping herFilmmaker Traviss said he believed it could have been the beginning of a relationship | UPDATED: 19:45 GMT, 12 December 2012 The ex-boyfriend of Amy Winehouse has told a court today he was optimistic of having a relationship with a woman he is accused of raping twice. Reg Traviss, 35, denies two counts of rape and told Southwark Crown Court: 'There is no truth in this allegation whatsoever.' The 27-year-old woman said earlier she woke twice in the early hours of New Year's Eve 2011 to find Traviss raping her. Reg Traviss, pictured with Any Winehouse in 2010, said he did not go out often following the singer's death in July 2011 However the filmmaker said the pair had consensual sex at his flat after getting merrily drunk together at three bars in central London

Christopher Exley: Police officer who protected Royal Family admits downloading child porn

Police officer who protected Royal Family facing jail after admitting downloading child porn Christopher Exley admitted having 53 indecent imagesHe is a serving policeman who works in the Met's Special Operations which protects the Royal FamilyAn illegal stash of pictures was found on his computer when his house was raided in February | UPDATED: 19:45 GMT, 10 December 2012 Admitted child porn: Christopher Exley is a serving police officer who works for the Met's Special Operations, which protects the Royal Family A serving policeman who works in the Met’s Special Operations division, which protects the Royal Family, has admitted downloading child porn.

London bar accused of selling illegal whale skin cocktail

London bar raided after selling a cocktail 'flavoured with whale skin' Nightjar in Hoxton, east London, sold drink called Moby Dick, allegedly with 'infused whale skin'Police raided venue after tip-off from animal conservationistsWhale banned from sale in most of Europe | UPDATED: 10:28 GMT, 9 December 2012 A London cocktail bar has outraged animal conservationists after it was discovered selling a cocktail allegedly flavoured with whale skin. Whale is banned from sale in Europe as part of EU protection policies, but it would appear the Nightjar bar in Hoxton, east London, has been flouting those rules. A cocktail called the Moby Dick is described on the bar's menu as containing Laphroaig whiskey, Drambuie, ale and bitters – and a 'whale skin infusion'