Boy, 2, rushed to hospital with serious burns after drinking caustic soda from bottle he grabbed from shop shelf while mother wasn"t looking

Boy, 2, rushed to hospital with serious burns after drinking caustic soda from bottle he grabbed from shop shelf while mother wasn't lookingToddler is in a serious but stable condition in Manchester Children's HospitalA joint investigation has been launched by the police and trading standardsThe boy had been in a Moss Side cash and carry when he drank the chemical By Alex Gore PUBLISHED: 13:48 GMT, 17 January 2013 | UPDATED: 15:04 GMT, 17 January 2013 A young boy has been admitted to hospital with burns to his throat and stomach after he drank caustic soda while in a shop. Police were called shortly before 7.35pm on Monday by staff at the Manchester Children's Hospital after the two-year-old boy was admitted. The toddler was shopping with his mother when they went into the Safa cash and carry shop in Claremont Road in the Moss Side area of Manchester, on Sunday, a police spokesman said.

Tasmania bush fires: Five-year-old dog survives and offers symbol of hope

Australia's tiny symbol of hope: How Charlie the pug survived catastrophic bushfires which left half his body burned Five-year-old dog stuns vets by surviving horrific injuriesHe lived despite being in home reduced to cinders and ashes By Daily Mail Reporter PUBLISHED: 12:43 GMT, 13 January 2013 | UPDATED: 13:08 GMT, 13 January 2013 Wrapped in a bandage after suffering 50 per cent burns to his body, it is not surprising Charlie the five-year-old pug looks somewhat doleful. But the adorable dog has become the latest symbol of hope from the devastation wreaked by the Australian bushfires after miraculously surviving the inferno. When he was rescued by police close to his owners' devastated home in Dunalley, south west Tasmania, at first no-one expected him to pull through

Women stamped on teenage boy and scarred him for life with boiling water then bragged about torture in text messages

Thugs stamped on father-of-one and scarred him for life with boiling water then bragged about torture in text messages WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGESTamlyn Stanhope, 33, Keeley Brewer, 18, and 15-year-old carried out brutal attack in Popley, Basingstoke, HampshireNeighbours heard victim Simon Christian beg 'please don't burn me again'Mother-of-two Brewer later sent text saying abuse was 'too funny' | UPDATED: 16:09 GMT, 29 November 2012 Two women and a 15-year-old girl left a man scarred for life after carrying out a brutal attack during which he had boiling water poured over him. Tamlyn Stanhope, 33, Keeley Brewer, 18, and a teenager who can't be named for legal reasons, laughed and joked as they kicked and stamped on terrified victim Simon Christian, a court heard.

Brave nine-month-old kitten torched by yobs on its first trip outside survives after spending TWO DAYS crawling home

Kitten is torched by yobs on her first trip outside – and spends TWO DAYS crawling home before dying from her wounds Hetty the kitten was found with horrendous burns down one sideOwner Liam Garrard believes she was deliberately set alightShe had major surgery but developed an infection and had to be put downPolice and the RSPCA are investigating | UPDATED: 20:27 GMT, 28 November 2012 A nine-month-old kitten spent two days crawling back home after she was set on fire while venturing outside for the very first time. Hetty the kitten was found by owner Liam Garrard with horrendous burns from her shoulder to her hind leg on one side after she went missing in Crawley, West Sussex.