French police admit they contaminated vital evidence at Alps massacre crime scene as investigators say case could remain unsolvedLatest in a catalogue of blunders which may mean 'case is never solved'Detectives had thought ‘mystery DNA’ found might lead to the killer But police ‘expert’ ‘accidentally contaminated’ crime-scene, it is claimed /11/22/article-2236716-159C4707000005DC-295_634x471.jpg” alt=”Prayers: Saad Al-Hilli, 50, his wife Iqbal, 47, and her 74-year-old mother Suhaila Al-Allaf, was laid to rest in the same grave last week” class=”blkBorder” height=”471″ width=”634″> Prayers: Saad Al-Hilli, 50, his wife Iqbal, 47, and her 74-year-old mother Suhaila Al-Allaf, was laid to rest in the same grave in November Mr Maillaud has failed to publicly identify a number of key witnesses who were in the area at the time of the shootings, and has even withheld a colour photograph of the Al-Hillis taken minutes before the attack. This would have been released as a matter of routine in the UK, as a way of jogging the memories of people who might have seen them, or their killer. Now Mr Maillaud insists that no ‘significant’ DNA clues were left at the scene, despite work on samples still being carried out by the IRCGN, and by Christian Doutremepuich, a professor who runs a state-of-the-art laboratory in Bordeaux, in south west France.
Police searching for 7ft 3in man after body is found in roadside ditch with stab wounds Kevin Lee, 48, found next to A16 with stab woundsPolice search for Gary Stretch and Joanna Dennehy By Anna Edwards PUBLISHED: 16:30 GMT, 2 April 2013 | UPDATED: 07:49 GMT, 3 April 2013 Police are looking for a 7ft 3ins tall man and a woman with a tattooed face after a man's body was found dumped beside a motorway. Gary Stretch, 47, was put on a force's most wanted list after the body of Kevin Lee, 48, was found dumped in a ditch by a major road. Cambridgeshire police said they were also looking for Joanna Dennehy, 30, who has a distinctive green tattoo on her right cheek.
Man crushed to death by a train after station fight Ryan Harrison, 22, was crushed between the platform and a trainHe had been involved at a fight and was pushed onto the tracksThe indent occurred on Saturday at Guildford station, Surrey British Transport Police is treating the death as suspicious although reports he had been stabbed are unfounded By Francesca Infant And Larisa Brown PUBLISHED: 00:57 GMT, 1 April 2013 | UPDATED: 02:19 GMT, 1 April 2013 A young man died when he became sandwiched between a railway platform and a departing train moments after a fight at a station. It is understood that following a row with a group of men, the 22-year-old either fell or was pushed down the side of the platform next to a stationary train. Ryan Harrison was killed minutes later when the train moved away, trapping him between it and the platform edge.
Real-life Ocean's Eleven: Australian casino loses $32m after 'high roller' guest colludes with staff to spy on other players Large-scale sting drawn comparisons to blockbuster Ocean's ElevenDiscovered by horrified bosses at Melbourne casino a few weeks ago Crown Casino in Melbourne says it is in a good position to recover moneyHacked into CCTV in casino and then relayed back information to player By Helen Lawson PUBLISHED: 14:06 GMT, 15 March 2013 | UPDATED: 17:31 GMT, 15 March 2013 Con artists managed to pull off a $32 million heist after hacking into a casino's security cameras. The large-scale sting, which has drawn comparisons to Hollywood blockbuster film Ocean's Eleven, was discovered by horrified bosses at Crown Casino in Melbourne a few weeks ago
Head teacher and five staff suspended for locking a knife-wielding nine-year-old pupil in the 'naughty cupboard'Child carried blade taken from the kitchen at Revoe Primary in BlackpoolHe was disarmed and put in a lockable 'naughty cupboard' to calm downStaff suspended and police investigating false imprisonment By Martin Robinson PUBLISHED: 12:51 GMT, 26 February 2013 | UPDATED: 14:59 GMT, 26 February 2013 Fury has erupted at a primary school because its headteacher and five others have been suspended after they disarmed a knife-wielding child and shut him in a 'naughty cupboard'. Teachers placed the nine-year-old in a lockable room after he terrorised staff and fellow pupils with a blade he took from the kitchen at Revoe Primary School in Blackpool.
Nanny working for Duke of Wellington's son helped her boyfriend steal 30,000 of items from aristocrat's country home Sarah Hallcup, 27, had been nanny to aristocrat's children for four yearsBurglary discovered when Lord Christopher Wellesley returned from breakTreasures including busts of the first Duke of Wellington had been takenPolice found Hallcup's boyfriend Neal Akhtar, 27, had stolen the goodsHallcup, Akhtar and their accomplice Scott Allaway, 27, await sentencing By Harriet Arkell PUBLISHED: 17:48 GMT, 1 February 2013 | UPDATED: 17:48 GMT, 1 February 2013 Trusted nanny: Former nanny Sarah Hallcup, 27 A nanny employed by the youngest son of the Duke of Wellington was today convicted of helping her boyfriend burgle their country home. Lord Christopher Wellesley and his wife Lady Emma Wellesley entrusted Sarah Hallcup, 27, with the keys to their rambling home during the four years she looked after their children
Body of schoolgirl, 16, found burning behind hotel as a man and woman are arrested over her deathGirl was in the 'foetal position' and found burning in a Blackpool alleywayNeighbours thought they were putting out a mannequin that was on firePolice arrest a 22-year-old man and a 20-year-old woman By Anna Edwards PUBLISHED: 14:17 GMT, 1 February 2013 | UPDATED: 16:02 GMT, 1 February 2013 A schoolgirl's burning body was found in an alleyway in Blackpool yesterday by hoteliers who mistook her for a mannequin.
Boy, 16, stabbed to death near housing estate in central London Police called to Pimlico at 6:50pm last night after reports of a stabbing Boy taken to south London hospital but died two hours later at 8:45pmNo arrests made yet and detectives keeping 'open mind' in investigation By Mark Duell PUBLISHED: 01:57 GMT, 28 January 2013 | UPDATED: 02:10 GMT, 28 January 2013 A 16-year-old boy was stabbed to death last night near a housing estate in central London. Police were called to the scene on Lupus Street in Pimlico at 6:50pm after reports of a stabbing and the youth was taken to a hospital in south London where he later died at 8:45pm. A Metropolitan Police spokesman told MailOnline early this morning that detectives were keeping an ‘open mind’ in their investigations over the death and no arrests had yet been made.
Woman, 40, charged with murder of toddler, 2, found dead in home by member of public Angela Vane, 40 will appear before Torquay Magistrates' Court todayShe was arrested on Saturday after boy, 2, was found dead at a homeShocked neighbours leave floral tributes near house in Modbury, Devon By Shari Miller PUBLISHED: 01:54 GMT, 20 January 2013 | UPDATED: 09:55 GMT, 21 January 2013 A 40-year-old woman was last night charged with the murder of a two-year-old boy. Angela Vane, 40, from Modbury, Devon, will appear before Torquay Magistrates' Court today after the toddler was found at a home on Saturday morning, Devon and Cornwall Police said. Officers were called to the house after the boy's body was discovered by a member of the public.
Woman, 40, charged with murder of toddler, 2, found dead in home by member of public Angela Vane, 40 will appear before Torquay Magistrates' Court todayShe was arrested on Saturday after boy, 2, was found dead at a homeShocked neighbours leave floral tributes near house in Modbury, Devon By Shari Miller PUBLISHED: 01:54 GMT, 20 January 2013 | UPDATED: 00:58 GMT, 21 January 2013 A 40-year-old woman was last night charged with the murder of a two-year-old boy. Angela Vane, 40, from Modbury, Devon, will appear before Torquay Magistrates' Court today after the toddler was found at a home on Saturday morning, Devon and Cornwall Police said. Officers were called to the house after the boy's body was discovered by a member of the public.