Saga Zone shuts down social website over bullying and offensive comments

Over-50s social website Saga Zone is shut down over ‘racist, homophobic and offensive’ comments Saga Zone will shut down its social network site completely on February 26Users say they will lose a vital lifeline when the website is closed By Larisa Brown PUBLISHED: 12:20 GMT, 6 February 2013 | UPDATED: 16:04 GMT, 6 February 2013 It is a social website considered to be a lifeline for elderly people who live at home on their own and find comfort in talking to others over the internet. But over-50s group Saga has been forced to shut its network site down because it cannot 'afford' the man power to police 'offensive' comments.

"Mum am I still cute"? What three-year-old boy asked after he was left with fractured eye socket and face wound in dog attack

'Mum am I still cute' What three-year-old boy asked after he was left with fractured eye socket and face wound in dog attack Trafford-James Jackson-Poole was attacked in Newbold, DerbyshireHe had been at a village pub with family when he was mauledMother Gemma Jackson has called for the Japanese Akita to be destroyedThe three-year-old could be scarred for life following the incident /06/12/article-2158220-1392FB25000005DC-547_634x432.jpg” width=”634″ height=”432″ alt=”Japanese Akitas, which can weigh up to nine stone, are not classified as dangerous under the Dangerous Dogs Act, but there have been several recent cases of them attacking people” class=”blkBorder” /> Attack: Japanese Akita dogs can grow to weigh more than nine stone but are not considered dangerous under the Dangerous Dogs Act The pub refused to comment. Marston's, the brewery which owns the Nag's Head, said: 'This matter is currently in the hands of the police.' Japanese Akita's are powerful dogs that can grow to weigh more than nine stone. They are not included in the Dangerous Dogs Act, but there has been several attacks by the breed.

Shocking moment 33-ton shark tank burst in shopping centre injuring 15 people as it sent shards of broken glass flying into a crowd

Caught on camera: Moment 33-ton aquarium bursts in shopping centre, showering crowds with LIVE SHARKS and shards of glass | UPDATED: 08:43 GMT, 27 December 2012 This is the shocking moment a 33-ton glass shark tank suddenly burst leaving 15 people injured by flying shards of broken glass and a torrent of water. The tank was an attraction at the entrance to the Shanghai Orient shopping centre in China's second city when it shattered without warning on December 19. Eight of those hurt were customers and the rest were shop assistants and security staff.

Christmas parties are key culprits in spreading winter vomiting bug Norovirus

Christmas parties are key culprits in spreading the winter vomiting bug, which can be contagious for THREE WEEKS Norovirus expert Professor Ian Clarke says people can be infectious for THREE WEEKS after recoveringHe believes people hugging and kissing at parties is increasing the spreadSales of anti-bacterial hand gel have soared 52 per cent this weekAround 900,000 people now thought be affected By Daily Mail Reporter PUBLISHED: 14:28 GMT, 20 December 2012 | UPDATED: 18:54 GMT, 20 December 2012 Christmas parties are causing the winter vomiting bug to spread rapidly as sufferers are attending while still infectious, warns a norovirus expert.

Winter vomiting bug could cancel Christmas for thousands as cases hit 900,000

Winter vomiting bug could cancel Christmas for thousands as cases near 900,000 Number of people affected is 83 per cent higher than this time last year due to an early outbreak of the virusMost cases usually occur between January and MarchNumber of people affected has doubled in one week | UPDATED: 16:26 GMT, 19 December 2012 Norovirus is threatening to ruin Christmas for thousands of people as the number of cases continues to soar. Figures released yesterday show the number of people affected is 83 per cent higher than this time last year due to an early outbreak of the virus

Children"s reading skills suffer if they have TVs and mobile phones in their bedroom

Children's reading skills suffer if they have TVs in their bedroom and own mobile phoneTwo thirds of 10-year-olds have been given their own TVs and mobilesResearch among 4,000 pupils in England has linked them to markedly lower scores in reading tests | UPDATED: 08:33 GMT, 12 December 2012 Children with TVs in their bedrooms and their own mobile phones suffer significant falls in reading achievement, a major international study showed yesterday. Research among 4,000 pupils in England has linked ownership of TVs, DVD players and phone handsets to markedly lower scores in reading tests. Two thirds of 10-year-olds have been given their own TVs, with similar proportions owning DVD players and mobile phones

TV debates "sucked the life" out of 2010 election, says Cameron as he hints he"s against the platform

TV debates 'sucked the life' out of 2010 election, says Cameron as he hints he's against the platformTories expected to propose a single leaders' debate with a different formatStrategists believe TV debates probably cost the party an overall majorityNick Clegg enjoyed surge of support after he was seen to 'win' first debateTories fear Labour will seek to position Ed Miliband against two established figures in an attempt to emulate Clegg's success | UPDATED: 21:40 GMT, 10 December 2012 David Cameron claimed that TV debates 'sucked the life' out of the general election campaign The TV debates which dominated the last general election are unlikely to be repeated after David Cameron claimed yesterday that they ‘sucked the life’ out of the campaign. The Conservatives are expected to propose a single leaders’ debate, probably taking place before the formal election campaign starts, with a different format to the three that took place in 2010. Tory strategists believe the TV debates, the first to take place in Britain, probably cost the party an overall majority at the last election

The moment that Anders Breivik planted his bomb: Never before seen CCTV footage shows mass murderer parking van that killed eight in Oslo

The moment that Anders Breivik planted his bomb: Never before seen CCTV footage shows mass murderer parking van that killed eight in Oslo Breivik wearing security guard's uniform walks away from bomb inside vanCCTV footage captures significant damage caused by the device last yearAfter bomb exploded, Breivik got into second van which he drove to Utoya | UPDATED: 00:22 GMT, 27 November 2012 This is the chilling moment mass murderer Anders Breivik walks away from his van in Oslo before a bomb inside it explodes killing eight people and injuring dozens. Never before seen CCTV footage also captures the devastation the device caused in July 2011, which was planted by the 33-year-old Norwegian. Breivik, wearing a security guard's uniform, is seen parking his white van at the entrance of a Government building that housed the Prime Minister's offices.