The dogs given a new life for Christmas: Three shih-tzus so badly neglected they couldn"t see happily rehomed after makeover

The dogs given a new life for Christmas: Three badly neglected shih-tzus cleaned up and rehomed with loving families Dogs were rescued by RSPCA after six months of horrifying neglectLacy, Molly and Angus were unable to see or walk when found Inspector: 'I've never seen such a deeply depressing sight as these dogs'Owner Pauline Kinghorn has been banned from keeping animals for life | UPDATED: 14:30 GMT, 24 December 2012 Three dogs who were neglected so badly that they could not see or walk have all been re-homed with loving families in time for Christmas. The three shih-tzus had to be rescued from squalid conditions which left their coats so overgrown and matted with food and faeces that they could not see properly and had to drag their back legs when they tried to move around. Lacy, Molly and Angus, who are now healthy, have each gone to new homes after it was estimated that they had been neglected for at least six months

Hospital that left patient to starve to death and another unwashed for 11 weeks forced to pay 400,000 in compensation

Hospital that left patient to starve to death and another unwashed for 11 weeks forced to pay 400,000 in compensation Human rights lawyers described mistreatment as 'appalling' failures of careWorcestershire Acute NHS Hospital Trust bosses will apologise to families Successful legal action by 38 families has led to total payouts of 410,000Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt is 'disgusted and appalled' by the accountsPatients left thirsty while another had ribs broken as staff tried to lift himTrust accepts care was below standard but has not admitted legal liability | UPDATED: 01:56 GMT, 24 December 2012 A hospital trust has paid out more than 400,000 in compensation and issued dozens of apologies over an ‘appalling’ catalogue of neglect.

Mother, 34, loses an eye 30 years after catching infection from dog mess in a park

Mother, 34, loses an eye 30 years after catching infection from dog mess in a park | UPDATED: 10:36 GMT, 6 December 2012 A mother has lost her eye 30 years after catching a toxic infection caused by dog faeces when she was just four. Nadine Nash, 34, had to have her eye removed and replaced with a prosthetic after spending ten years in agony as her sight deteriorated because of the virulent infection.