'My bagpipes gave me pneumonia': Musician catches deadly fungal virus from his beloved instrument John Shone, 77, breathed in the deadly germs while playing his bagpipe The instrument hadn't been cleaned in 18 months and had 'fungal cultures'Traditional bagpipes are made of hide and need regular 'seasoning' to seal pores in the skin that acts as a natural cleanserMr Shone is now playing his bagpipe again after four weeks in hospital By Suzannah Hills PUBLISHED: 02:13 GMT, 14 March 2013 | UPDATED: 02:57 GMT, 14 March 2013 A bagpipe player nearly died after becoming infected with a fungal pneumonia that colonised inside his beloved instrument. John Shone spent four weeks in hospital fighting the infection after he breathed in germs from his bagpipe that he hadn't cleaned in 18 months.
Living up to its name! Hysterical video shows parents sobbing after family trip to watch Les Misrables | UPDATED: 09:34 GMT, 1 January 2013 With a title like Les Misrables, it doesn't exactly promise to be a laugh-a-minute movie. And one family from New York has shown just how miserable the musical film is, as they sob loudly in a video taken after they left the cinema.
One way to spend the commute! Impromptu Underground concert wins over fellow travellers and becomes a hit on YouTube | UPDATED: 23:52 GMT, 9 December 2012 Commuters in a packed train carriage watched in amazement as a fellow traveller gave an epic musical performance on an electronic keyboard. The pianist drew whoops and cheers from onlookers — and mobile phone footage of the incident has now become a huge hit on YouTube since being posted on the web on Saturday.