Mid-flight horror as British Airways pilot becomes "incapacitated" when cockpit filled with fumes


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lebanont/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514

Mid-flight horror as plane is forced to land when pilot becomes 'incapacitated' when cockpit filled with fumesEmergency landing made in Canadian town of Goose Bay, NewfoundlandCo-pilot started to feel nauseous before unscheduled stop was madeCaptain and first officer required oxygen masks to make landing By James Rush PUBLISHED: 10:05 GMT, 10 February 2013 | UPDATED: 07:55 GMT, 11 February 2013 A British Airways flight was forced to make an emergency landing at a Canadian town after suspected toxic oil fumes were reported on the flight deck. The Boeing 777, carrying 158 passengers from Heathrow to Philadelphia, made the unscheduled stop at Goose Bay, in Newfoundland, in temperatures of -30C after fumes started to cause eye and throat irritation halfway through the eight hour flight.

Australia wildfires: Moment terrified family were forced to take refuge


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lebanont/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514

Clinging on for dear life: Moment terrified family were forced to take refuge in the water as Australian wildfire tore through their townTammy and Tim Holmes led their five grandchildren to safety as blaze destroyed their home in Dunalley, TasmaniaThey clung to each other and the jetty for more than two hours until they eventually found dinghy to flee fire zoneChildren's mother, who had left them with her parents while she attended a funeral, feared they had been killedCooler weather has brought temporary respite today after days of record temperatures in the south of countryBut 35,000 firefighters are now on standby in Queensland as searing heat is predicted to move north later today /s3665494.htm” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”> Australia's ABC network: 'We just waited by the phone and received a message at 3.30pm to say that mum and dad had evacuated, that they were surrounded by fire, and could we pray. 'So I braced myself to lose my children and my parents.' Bracing themselves: The children prepare to enter the water to take refuge under the jetty as the wildfire rips through their grandparents' home Thanked God: The children's mother, Bonnie Walker, was unaware of the impending danger when she drove off to attend a funeral and feared her family had been killed when she heard of the devastation Divine intervention: A building burns near the jetty

I was almost killed by unborn baby"s fingernail: Mother was left in coma and needed 22 blood transfusions


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lebanont/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514

I was almost killed by unborn baby's fingernail: Mother was left in coma and needed 22 blood transfusionsAngela Cottom almost died after a nail or hair passed into her bloodstreamThe rare condition only affects one in 80,000 birthsIt caused Mrs Cottom to suffer internal bleeding and her lungs collapsedDoctors told husband she could be in a coma for days or even weeksBut she woke up 12 hours later and went home a week later By Liz Hull PUBLISHED: 22:31 GMT, 6 January 2013 | UPDATED: 12:51 GMT, 7 January 2013 Born five weeks premature, twins Amelie and Ava only just made it into this world after being resuscitated with oxygen. But they’re not the only ones who are lucky to be alive. Their mother Angela Cottam almost died after a suspected fingernail or hair from one of them passed into her bloodstream during their birth

Hillary Clinton will stay in hospital for New Year after blood clot is found following concussion


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lebanont/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lebanont/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 538

New fears for Hillary Clinton as doctors reveal blood clot is located between her brain and skullSecretary of state hospitalized at New York-Presbyterian hospital after follow-up exam found the clotWas treated for a concussion earlier this month after fainting while she battled a stomach virusDoctors expect a full recovery and say there has been no brain damage | UPDATED: 04:06 GMT, 1 January 2013 The blood clot that sent Hillary Clinton to the hospital on Sunday is located between her brain and her skull behind her right ear, it was revealed this afternoon. The Secretary of State's doctors say they found the clot in a large vein in her head – though it is in a blood vessel that runs across the surface of her brain and is not in the brain itself. Doctors said Clinton has suffered no brain damage or stroke and that she is expected to make a full recovery

Look out! Here comes the spider dog… Boston Terrier called Echo parades itself in bizarre fancy dress outfits


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lebanont/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514

Look out! Here comes Spider-dog: Terrier with the best fancy dress wardrobe in the world Owner Kristin Kittle spends months designing each fancy dress costume | UPDATED: 16:54 GMT, 11 December 2012 At first glance, you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd stumbled across a giant spider in the wilderness. But it is, ahem, in fact a dog – posing in fancy dress.

Two men killed by deadly gases take number of victims to be poisoned by faulty cookers to eight


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lebanont/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514

Two men killed by deadly gases take number of victims to be poisoned by faulty cookers to eight Richard Smith, 30, and Kevin Branton, 34, were killed almost instatly as lethal carbon monoxide filled their home in Saltash, Cornwall7,000 of the faulty ovens are still being used in kitchens across country Manufacturers Beko are also linked to fridges which caught fire | UPDATED: 12:27 GMT, 8 December 2012 Two friends died while cooking a pie in a killer oven which is still being used in 7,000 British kitchens, an inquest heard. Housemates Richard Smith, 30, and Kevin Branton, 34, were killed by lethal carbon monoxide within minutes of turning on the grill made by manufacturer Beko, who have previously been criticised for selling fridges freezers which catch fire. Mr Smith's father Brian said the tragedy had left a 'huge gaps in our hearts' and he hoped the pair would be the last victims of faulty equipment.

Easyjet on trial: Terrifying ordeal of cancer patient "denied oxygen by easyJet staff on a four-and-half hour flight"


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lebanont/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514

Terrifying ordeal of cancer patient 'denied oxygen by easyJet staff on a four-and-half hour flight' Annette Townend believed she was going to die on flight to CyprusPleas for oxygen fell on deaf ears – she even wrote a note in despairDoctors have told Mrs Townend she is lucky to be alive after ordeal | UPDATED: 22:30 GMT, 30 November 2012 A cancer patient endured a terrifying ordeal believing she was going to die after being refused oxygen on a holiday flight to Cyprus, she claims. Annette Townend, 56, says she boarded the easyJet plane late and gasping for air after being stopped from using a pre-booked wheelchair. Shortly after take-off, she told a steward ‘oxygen, oxygen’, only to be informed that it was ‘for emergencies only’

Scottish NHS dossier reveals failings that lead to death


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/lebanont/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 514

Patient killed in oxygen explosion as a second dies in broken lift: Damning dossier reveals NHS failings that caused death First study shows 345 serious incidents in Scotland including 100 deathsPneumonia patient died after being left for nine days without medicationShocking report reveals another patient had wrong organs stapled together | UPDATED: 15:19 GMT, 26 November 2012 A horrifying catalogue of serious errors at NHS hospitals in Scotland has come to light, following a Freedom of Information request.