BREAKING NEWS: Queen's cousin the Duke of Kent suffers stroke after falling illHRH Prince Edward, is cousin to The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh 77-year-old royal was taken to an undisclosed London hospital on MondayIt is believed the Queen, who has been ill recently, has been informedBuckingham Palace said it understands the Duke is 'feeling well' A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: 'He was taken ill in the early hours of Monday and admitted to hospital for assessment.' He added that medical staff 'diagnosed him as having had a mild stroke'. It is understood that the Queen, who herself has been ill recently with the symptoms of gastroenteritis, has been informed. The Buckingham Palace spokesman added: 'He's still being assessed and it's not thought to be serious.
Four children treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after grandmother brings BBQ indoors to dry washing /09/06/article-2199175-14DDB60F000005DC-729_468x351.jpg” width=”468″ height=”351″ alt=”Nicholas Holmes, 22, was found dead at the Hollands Wood campsite at Brockenhurst in the New Forest, Hampshire, after using a disposable BBQ to cook to burgers inside his van” class=”blkBorder” /> Nicholas Holmes, 22, was found dead at the Hollands Wood campsite at Brockenhurst in the New Forest, Hampshire, after using a disposable BBQ to cook to burgers inside his van The school girl was one of a number of campers killed by the gas this year. Hannah Thomas-Jones, 14, from Handforth, in Cheshire, died after suffering a cardiac arrest, thought to have been caused by a disposable barbecue, at a Shropshire campsite in May. Nicholas Holmes, 22, died of CO poisoning after cooking burgers in his camper van in the New Forest, Hampshire
The two-year-old who is allergic to Christmas: Archie has extreme reaction to Yuletide treatsArchie Sims cannot eat mince pies, chocolate and cheeses because of a variety of allergiesNativity scenes with animals give him hay fever symptomsHis family even has to have a fake tree as pines trigger a rash | UPDATED: 00:38 GMT, 24 December 2012 Little Archie Sims is the boy who is allergic to Christmas. Not only does the two-year-old have an extreme reaction when he comes into contact with mince pies, chocolates, nuts and cheeses, but he also cannot go near all kinds of Christmas treats and yuletide items and festivities. A nativity scene poses a problem because he reacts to animals and has hay fever symptoms when the youngster, from Salisbury, Wiltshire, goes near sheep, cows and chickens.
Souper broth! An old wives' tale No, chicken soup really CAN fight a cold, say scientistsA compound found in chicken soup – carnosine – helps the body’s immune system to fight the early stages of flu, research has found | UPDATED: 22:11 GMT, 22 December 2012 Super food: A compound found in chicken soup, called carnosine, helps the body's immune system to fight the early stages of flu, researchers have found Chicken soup is good for the soul, they say. And as a homespun remedy for everything that might ail you during winter, there are few things as deliciously soothing. But could such a broth be more than just a cold comfort According to the latest scientific study, the answer is yes.
Social workers tore me from my babies for a year: Nightmare of innocent mother accused of harming sonFourteen police officers swooped on her house at 6am to take her childrenJudge blasts heavy-handed raid as he says family must be reunited | UPDATED: 22:00 GMT, 14 December 2012 Devastation: Mother Kealy had her children taken away after being wrongly accused of cruelty A loving mother had her children taken away from her in a dawn raid on her home after being wrongly accused of cruelty. The three terrified youngsters watched as she was handcuffed before they were each put into separate cars and taken into foster care
Family who rushed boy, 7, to A&E with meningitis symptoms are stunned to receive letter accusing them of wasting NHS time Georgina Houghton, 33, called NHS Direct one weekend after son Colby, 7, developed a temperature, vomiting and sensitivity to light Told the little boy might have meningitis and needed to go to A&EDashed to hospital where doctors diagnosed a viral infection Days later Colby received letter from family GP, lambasting him for wasting NHS time and not consulting GP first | UPDATED: 01:32 GMT, 7 December 2012 Her little boy had a temperature, was sensitive to light and so poorly he couldn’t even get out of bed.
Risk of developing asthma doubles among children conceived after fertility treatment IVF children were also twice as likely to develop wheezing and up to four times more likely to have taken anti-asthma medicine by the age of fiveResearchers from Oxford University are the first to conduct a UK study of asthma after IVF conceptions Explanations might include the severity of the infertility and the role played by treatment | UPDATED: 01:36 GMT, 6 December 2012 Having fertility treatment doubles the chances of a child developing asthma, say researchers. They found children born after IVF have a twofold higher risk of wheezing and are up to four times more likely to take anti-asthmatic medicines by the age of five
Another reason to rethink that late-night cigarette: Smoking DOES make your hangover worse People who smoke before drinking more likely to experience a hangover and more intense symptoms than those who don'tCigarette smoke contains the chemical acetaledhyde, which is also present in alcohol and has been linked to hangoversResearchers suggest the nicotine in cigarettes could have a negative effect on the nervous system | UPDATED: 12:19 GMT, 5 December 2012 You could regret it tomorrow: Smoking was found to worsen hangover symptoms among students in a U.S study For anyone who has had one too many drinks on a night out, a dry mouth, pounding head and nausea will be all too familiar symptoms the morning after. But now scientists say your hangover could feel a whole lot worse if you smoke as well. A team of scientists from Brown University found this effect wasn't because smokers drank more.