Killjoy PC accused of 'petty meddling' as he halts pre-school nativity play to order parents to move their carsPC Paul Baker interrupted show to ask parents to move their parked carsParents' cars were blocking pavements and a doctor's surgery parkingPC Baker accused of 'petty meddling' at Redehall Prep School in SurreyHe says: 'I wasn't wagging my finger – any neighbourhood PC would do it' | UPDATED: 07:58 GMT, 12 December 2012 They had rehearsed for weeks. Their halos shone. So, knowing a very proud mummy was somewhere in the audience, the children stepped up for their big moment… And in walked a policeman demanding the nativity play be stopped, for the grave offence of bad parking.
The little boy who could be killed by Christmas: Severe allergies mean Theo can't enjoy a real tree or even a mince pie Both Theo and his mother suffer from a range of extreme allergies, which make celebrating Christmas a bit of a choreThey could go into anaphylactic shock if they accidentally consumed nuts or went too near a real pine tree | UPDATED: 11:31 GMT, 10 December 2012 For most children, December is an exciting time when they enjoy decorating the Christmas tree and tuck into festive goodies. But for one school boy and his mother it can be somewhat of an annual nightmare. Theo Lester, six, suffers from a range of extreme allergies, which means he can't go anywhere near a real pine tree or bite into a mince pie or Christmas pudding.
Santa’s got a new sleigh! Hundreds of Father Christmases take part in charity motorbike ride for children's hospiceNearly 600 bikers dressed up as Santa Claus to raise money for charityFather Christmas charity events were held all over the world this weekend, including Liverpool and Maine, U.S.
Careless pet owners face 13m vet bill at Christmas with animals wolfing everything from turkey carcasses to tinsel Emergency veterinary bills for Christmas accidents total millions of poundsRisks include pets eating decorations, burns from fairy lights and swallowing tinsel Bills reach 3,000 to remove a swallowed plastic bauble, 1,200 if they wolf the turkey and 700 to treat a dog for eating chocolates left under the tree | UPDATED: 20:54 GMT, 1 December 2012 They are often the most pampered members of the family, lavished with love and treats on Christmas Day. But pet owners have been warned that there could be a price for the festivities – with emergency veterinary bills for Christmas accidents totalling millions of pounds.