Let them eat leftovers: Minister who lectured families on food waste plays Lord of the Manor handing bread to the poor through the WINDOW of his manor Richard Benyon claims the average family wastes 50 of food a monthNamed country's wealthiest MP, worth an estimated 110millionHe told people to read storage labels properly and keep fruit in the fridgePrime Minister insists the government is helping struggling families . The government has been stung by criticism that it is out of touch after Mr Benyon claimed the average family wastes food worth 50-a-month. The minister suggested people were wrong to keep fruit in a bowl and instead should be packed in the fridge Mr Benyon, who is the heir to the Englefield Estate near Reading in Berkshire, was accused of being out of touch Mr Benyon told MPS: ‘We have been needlessly throwing away enormous amounts of food when it is perfectly safe to eat it
Revealed: New James Bond novel will be called Solo and star a middle-aged 007 on an 'self-appointed mission' New book Solo will follow Bond as a 45-year-old in 1969Bond goes on 'self-appointed mission' during Cold WarSolo will be published in Britain on 26 September By Olivia Williams PUBLISHED: 18:12 GMT, 15 April 2013 | UPDATED: 18:21 GMT, 15 April 2013 The latest James Bond novel will be called Solo, its author William Boyd revealed today. Following the record-breaking success of Bond film Skyfall at the box office last year, Solo is hotly-anticipated as a follow-up to Bond creator Ian Fleming's bestselling books. Blockbuster: Last year's Skyfall, starring Daniel Craig as James Bond, topped $1billion at the global box office showing Bond's enduring popularity Britain's most famous secret agent will travel across Africa, America and Europe as middle-aged man of 45
Thieves steal 1930s gold Nobel Peace Prize in haul worth 150,000 from Lord Mayor's houseThe prize was awarded to former Foreign Secretary Arthur Henderson He was given it for his peacekeeping efforts before the Second World WarRaiders also stole a lock of hair from Admiral Lord CollingwoodThe break-in, in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, happened overnight on Monday By Steve Nolan PUBLISHED: 18:50 GMT, 3 April 2013 | UPDATED: 06:56 GMT, 4 April 2013 A Nobel Peace Prize awarded to a pioneering politician for his attempts to patch-up international relations in the years before World War Two has been stolen. The prize, awarded to former Foreign Secretary Arthur Henderson in the 1930s, was one item in a haul of items thought to be worth an estimated 150,000 to be stolen from the Lord Mayor's Mansion House, in the Jesmond area of Newcastle, Tyne and Wear. A lock of hair from Admiral Lord Collingwood, who took over control of the British fleet at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 after Admiral Nelson was killed, was also stolen in the raid.
Roman Catholic priest accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl has a secret wife after marrying abroad By Richard Hartley-parkinson PUBLISHED: 09:52 GMT, 14 March 2013 | UPDATED: 16:51 GMT, 14 March 2013 A Roman Catholic priest has revealed that he is actually married at a trial in which he is accused of sexually abusing a teenager. Bradford Crown Court heard from lawyers acting for Father William Finnegan, 59, that he had confessed that he is married to a woman called Beverley Dawson. His lawyer said that he fled to Cyprus in 1999 and married Miss Dawson, keeping the marriage secret from all but their closest friends and family
Foreign Office goes on the defensive against No10 as it installs plastic 'riot shield' to stop Larry the cat from getting into building Chief Mouser to the Cabinet found his way into the Foreign Office blockedHe and George Osborne's cat Freya are regular visitors to the buildingBut staff with allergies had complained about their presence William Hague came to their aid and ordered the removal of the barrier By Becky Evans PUBLISHED: 19:01 GMT, 21 February 2013 | UPDATED: 20:03 GMT, 21 February 2013 As Chief Mouser to the Cabinet, Larry is used to having his run of Downing Street. So he was understandably more than a little perturbed today when he found one of his favourite prowling routes blocked by a plastic shield. It appears the Foreign Office, which installed the clear cover, has gone to extreme lengths to stop the No10 employee from snooping around.
Family of millionaire travellers jailed for enslaving vulnerable men were handed 500,000 in legal aidTravellers housed vulnerable men in squalid conditions and exploited them They got the taxpayers' cash despite fortune from exploitation John Connors, 31, sentenced to 40 months imprisonment Brother-in-law William Connors, 35, sentenced to 30 months in prison /12/14/article-2248125-1683CA3D000005DC-436_306x706.jpg” width=”306″ height=”706″ alt=”Luxury lifestyle: William and Mary (or Breda) Connors, pictured in Dubai, lived the high life while forcing vulnerable people to obey their every command” class=”blkBorder” /> Luxury lifestyle: William and Mary (or Breda) Connors, pictured in Dubai, lived the high life while forcing vulnerable people to obey their every command A family of millionaire travellers jailed for forcing vulnerable men to work for a pittance have been given nearly 500,000 in legal aid, it emerged today. The Gloucestershire-based Connors family lived the high life at the expense of homeless drug addicts and alcoholics. William Connors, 52, wife Mary, 48, their sons, John, 29, and James, 20, and son-in-law Miles Connors, 24, were jailed in December last year after being convicted of conspiracy to require a person to perform forced or compulsory labour.
Is Cressida breaking her Prince's heart Smitten Harry wrote to her endlessly from the desert, but the blue-blooded butterfly refuses to be pinned downThe elfin dance student has been acting aloof since Harry's returnPrince has hoped they could reignite romance that blossomed in May /07/20/article-2176284-141EBB43000005DC-648_306x830.jpg” width=”306″ height=”830″ alt=”Cheers! Harry keeps it together as he leaves the bash, surrounded by security, while Cressida Bonas left the event at 4.15am” class=”img-no-border” /> Playing it cool: The blonde 23-year-old has remained elusive since the Prince's return from Afghanistan As one of Harry’s circle revealed: ‘The rallying round was at times campaign-like.
Pool without a view: William and Kate to move bathing area out of sight of prying eyes over topless pictures scandalPlans submitted to relocate pool at Anmer Hall which is expected to be gifted to the royal coupleTopless photographs were taken of Kate while she was beside a pool on holiday in France last year By Amanda Williams PUBLISHED: 14:32 GMT, 13 January 2013 | UPDATED: 08:01 GMT, 14 January 2013 The pool at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's new home could be moved to a sunnier and more private site it has today been claimed.
Pictured 16 years on: The brave girl who won Diana's heart after losing leg in an Angolan landmine blast Iconic image of victim Sandra Tigica recreated with eight-year old daughterShe is now married mother-of three and works for local government'Our country is much safer thanks to Princess Diana' she said By David Wilkes PUBLISHED: 01:30 GMT, 5 January 2013 | UPDATED: 08:54 GMT, 5 January 2013 She was 13 and about to receive a prosthetic leg when Princess Diana visited her. Poignant images of Sandra Tigica’s 1997 meeting with the Princess of Wales were beamed around the globe, highlighting the appalling problems in Angola, which had the world’s highest rate of death and disability caused by landmines. Sandra’s left leg had been blown off by a landmine three years earlier as she fled from fighting in her country’s civil war
Behind the wheel, Kate's Man Friday: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge get their first orderly (and he'll even organise William's wardrobe) New recruit is a young Fijian-born corporal from the Parachute Regiment Couple may hire more help when their first baby is born later this year ” class=”blkBorder” /> The new employee is also responsible for the wardrobe of Prince William, pictured left with his wife Catherine in Ottawa in July 2011, and pictured right on their Diamond Jubilee tour of the Far East in 2012 The couple, pictured outside King Edward VII's Hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge was admitted with severe morning sickness, have resisted hiring servants but that may change when their first baby is born